Tuesday 7 August 2012

Paper Towns by John Green

Title: Paper Towns
Author: John Green
305 Pages

Rating: 5/5

As with every other John Green book I've read, I absolutely loved Paper Towns. If I hadn't read The Fault In Our Stars, I would probably say this is my favourite book. The whole search with the hidden clues only available to Quentin and his friends was a fantastic plot and the way it was written made it even better.

Paper Towns is the story of Quentin Jacobsen who has spent his life loving Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. One night she jumps through his window and takes him on a whirlwind campaign of revenge to their classmates. The morning after this all night adventure, Q finds that Margo is absent from school and begins to worry. Q and his friends quickly discover that Margo has left a trail of clues leading to where she is, but can they find her in time?

*SPOILERS* I found that through the entire search for Margo I couldn't put the book down. I loved the fact that each clue lead so specifically to the next and the way John Green thought it all is amazing. I liked the fact Q didn't just decode the clues as soon as he saw them because I found that it made it that little bit more believable. I also like the ending and the fact that it wasn't just that they found Margo, she went back with them straight away and they all lived happily ever after. I did find myself thinking through the whole book that they were going to find out that she had died and I think that's because of other John Green books I've read and I'm glad it didn't follow the same path as others. *END OF SPOILERS*

Overall I would definitely recommend this book, I thought it was fantastic. The characters were not only believable, but also the kind of people I would want to be friends with and I found a lot of them quite funny at times to. I think Margo in the beginning may be one of my favourite characters I have come across yet. This is yet another amazing John Green book.

No comments:

Post a Comment